Job Description / Profile for Assistant Manager for La Petite Ferme
POSITION TITLE: Asst Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
The Assistant Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and provides support to the General Manager.
Directs and coordinates daily activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximise full potential with a balanced focus on hotels mission, guests, employees and owners satisfaction.
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist the General Manager with day to day operations and business planning.
- Assigns duties to HOD's and observers performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Provides training to staff and HOD's.
- Monitor and evaluate Guest feedback
- Assists the General Manager in resolving guest complaints and assist service recovery process.
- Assist in the selection of hotel staff and assist with completion of staff take in procedures.
- Assist with employee performance reviews and conducts personnel activities such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Oversee and maintain daily operating records including daily cash ups
- Assisting General Manager during Morning meetings and conducts the morning HOD meetings in the absence of General Manager.
- Adheres to all company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Ensures the objectives and goals of the establishment are strived for by all HOD’s and work together to achieve set goals and success.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Assist GM in key performance areas and customer service
- Assist and performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensure property, grounds and equipment are maintained and cleaned to set standards.
- Build strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD's and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness on a daily basis.
- To Cover shifts in all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
- Audits on par stock in all areas and departments to ensure that all stock procedures are followed and hotel supplies are ordered in and stocked in advance.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Provide effective leadership to all hotel team members.
- To assist with staff uniforms and name tags, and to ensure staff members uphold property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
- Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
Strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. And provide coaching, advice and assistance as required. Management experience in Food & Beverage department of high importance.
Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
A university degree or diploma in hotel management or a related field will be an advantage ( not prerequisite ) and at least 5 to 10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury establishment experience and at least 3 to 4 years of experience in management or Asst. General Manager. Experience in personnel supervision and problem resolutions is an added advantage. Excellent computer system skills.
Fluent in English
Being reliable and trustworthy
Always ready to help and assist
Be very organised and methodical
Ready for a new challenge in life and a long term involvement in his/her future job
Age: between 28 to 35 years’ old ( not prerequisite )
Being a native of South Africa