Job Description / Profile for Duty Manager at La Petite Ferme
POSITION TITLE: Duty Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive management
DUTY MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and restaurant.
Directs and coordinates daily activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximise full potential with a balanced focus on hotels mission, guests, employees and owners satisfaction.
He or she is the liaison between all departments, namely: Food and Beverage, Accommodation, and Front of House. The duty manager needs to have an overall understanding of all of the above.
DUTY MANAGER DUTIES
• Providing a visible management presence while on duty.
• Ensuring each department is prepared and staffed for each shift.
• Dealing with sales enquires in absence of sales department.
• Assisting with the running of weddings & functions.
• Overlooking day-to-day operation of the whole facility.
• Communicating with guests (handling complaints, collecting ideas on improving the operation, providing information, selling facilities, checking premises, reporting any damages and breakdowns and checking if repairs have been completed)
• Communicating with employees (problem solving, distributing work duties, providing all means to get the work done)
• Assisting executive management with their work
• Assist in resolving guest complaints and assist service recovery process.
• Assist in the selection of hotel staff and assist with completion of staff take in procedures.
• Assist with employee performance reviews and conducts personnel activities such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
• Oversee and maintain daily operating records including daily cash ups
• Conduct Morning meetings and conducts the morning HOD meetings
• Adheres to all company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
• Performs room checks and other operating areas.
• Provide effective leadership to all hotel team members.
• Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
• Being reliable and trustworthy
• Decision Maker
• Communicate well
• Always ready to help and assist
• Be very organised and methodical
• Ready for a new challenge in life and a long term involvement in his/her future job
• Age: between 28 to 38 years’ old (not prerequisite)
• Being a native of South Africa
Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar capacity/function in a five-star hotel/luxury.
Salary Negotiable based on years’ experience as duty manager.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit you’re CV, with contactable references and photo via email, with the subject line Duty Manager.
If you have not received a response within 1 week of submitting your CV, consider your application unsuccessful. Only successful candidates will be contacted.