Job Description: Houseman, Housekeeper at La Petite Ferme
POSITION TITLE: Houseman / Housekeeping
REPORTS TO: Accommodation / Duty Manager
Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms. Performs any combination of the following tasks to maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner. Assistant housekeeping and porters.
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine.
- Cleans rooms and restrooms.
- Washes walls and ceiling, moves furniture’s and turn mattress.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and polishes floor.
- Dusts and polishes metalwork.
- Collects soiled linen for laundering.
- Collect linen from rooms and suites
- Maintains housekeeping trays
- Removes trash from rooms.
- Clean linen and refill the par stock of linen on shelf in laundry each day.
- Deliver towels, cribs, cots and other items to the guest rooms on requests.
- Perform duties of room attendant when necessary.
- Sort linen, stock room attendant stores.
- Refill the par stock of guest amenities and supplies in each room.
- Help the room boys / house ladies with the heavy lifting when super cleaning / spring cleaning of rooms.
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures.
- Remove soiled linen and trash from the pool side and other service area and take to appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
- Assist room boys / house ladies with placing bed boards, roll-ways beds, extra bed etc.
- Report missing / found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping supervisors.
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
- Take up any tasks assigned by the supervisors as and when needed.
- Report to work in required uniform and in adherence with the Hotels Dress Code Policy.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Proven work experience as a housekeeping attendant.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds/12 kilograms without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking.
- Good personality and Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Exhibit excellent knowledge of guest service.
- Fluent in English
- Being reliable and trustworthy
- Communicate well
- Always ready to help and assist
- Ready for a new challenge in life and a long term involvement in his/her future job.
Previous housekeeping experience required in a Midscale or Luxury property.
Adequate market related salary, ZAR Negotiable based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit you’re CV, with contactable references and photo via email, with the subject line Houseman, to email@example.com by close of business on 22 OCT 2021.
If you have not received a response within 1 week of submitting your CV, consider your application unsuccessful. Only successful candidates will be contacted.