Job Description: Profile for Reception Front of house for La Petite Ferme
POSITION TITLE: Reception/Front Desk
REPORTS TO: Manager on duty
To ensure guests experience maximum comfort and satisfaction during their visit at the hotel in order to present a good image of the hotel and leave lasting impressions in the minds of guests/visitors.
While the receptionist maintains high level of professionalism in dealing with guests, he or she is very courteous and friendly in order to make guests feel relaxed and at home in the hotel.
As the first person whom guests come in contact with, the role of the receptionist is to give clients a remarkable first impression about the hotel, and welcomes them warmly with a broad smile as they make their reservations.
Hotel receptionists have to be smartly and neatly dressed always, and should be in the know of all activities going on in the hotel and the area.
Therefore, they must have their ears on the ground at all times to know what is happening to be able to keep records and answer questions related to activities at the hotel and in the region.
They are responsible for diligently recording all reservations and bookings made by guests and presenting them to the manager for record keeping and account balancing to know the level of business development in the hotel.
As the person guests meet first, the receptionist is conversant with the latest pricing rates in the hotel, and informs guest of current special offers and promotions in order to increase revenue and win more customers.
RECEPTION REQUIREMENTS duties:
- Receive guests to the hotel by greeting them warmly, and attending to their inquiries and also answer inquirers over the phone.
- Inform guests of the services and accommodation rates (for walk in guests) in the hotel, make reservations for guests according to their needs,
- and also make sure that all reservations cancelled are effected immediately to avoid confusion.
- Build good relationship and rapport with guests to make them feel comfortable and address any complaints they might have in a very courteous manner to protect the image of the hotel.
- Keep clear and comprehensive records of guest room bookings and all billings for accountability and future reference.
- Maintain orderliness at the front desk by arranging documents accordingly and keeping the front desk area clean at all times to avoid rowdiness.
- Report issues of maintenance and malfunctioning appliances to the manager for quick repair in order to ensure guests comfort and satisfaction.
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant/hotel receptionist of front desk or similar role.
- Proven guest service experience
- Exhibit excellent knowledge of customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be orderly.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good crisis management skills.
- Fluent in English
- Being reliable and trustworthy
- Communicate well
- Always ready to help and assist
- Be very organised and methodical
- Ready for a new challenge in life and a long term involvement in his/her future job
Adequate market-related salary, negotiable based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit you’re CV, with contactable references and photo via email, with the subject line Receptionist, to email@example.com by close of business on 22 OCT 2021.
If you have not received a response within 1 week of submitting your CV, consider your application unsuccessful. Only successful candidates will be