Job Description / Profile for gate Access and assistant Night Porter at La Petite Ferme
POSITION TITLE: Gate Access and assistant Night Porter
REPORTS TO: Manager on duty
Primarily responsible to provide access to restaurant and hotel guests and to assist guests, staff and the hotel during the night time. Is familiar and complies with the hotels standards and procedures. Also watch for unusual, activities occurring on the premises.
Patrol all areas of the property and assist guests with room access if required during the shift.
GATE ACCESS Primary duties:
- Keep record of guests visiting and leaving hotel premises
- Welcome hotel and restaurant guests and direct guests to parking and to Reception
- Inform Reception of daily arrivals and departures when guests leave the premises
- Inform hotel management when deliveries arrive at the gate.
- Control and direct car movement in and out the access gate.
NIGHT PORTER Secondary DUTIES when not at the gate:
- Patrols properties interior ground and back off the house area.
- Ensures all guest room doors are closed and all public access doors locked.
- Ensures all properties security alarms are on and functional.
- Responsible for maintaining clear and concise logs of all nightly occurrences, suspicious activity.
- Responds to guest requests quickly and courteously as reported by night shift staff.
- Assist guests/employees during emergency situations.
- Notify appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Estcourt Guests and Employees from the restaurant area to their vehicles or to their rooms.
- Escort any unwelcome persons from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation.
- Lock property entrances when required.
- Conduct daily physical hazard inspections.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and reports all accidents to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains safety of guests at all times.
- Adheres to key control policy and procedures according to the set standards of the hotel.
- Assist in training new joiners on the job.
- Provide handover to the morning shift manager on duty.
- Attendants any departmental meetings or training as per the schedule.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- Good communication skills.
- Pleasant appearance.
- Attentive to detail.
- Fluent in English
- Being reliable and trustworthy
- Communicate well
- Always ready to help and assist
- Ready for a new challenge in life and a long term involvement in his/her future job.
2 to 4 years of experience in similar role in hospitality environment.
Adequate market related salary, Negotiable based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit you’re CV, with contactable references and photo via email, with the subject line Gate Access.
If you have not received a response within 1 week of submitting your CV, consider your application unsuccessful. Only successful candidates will be contacted.